Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year

More than once these past few days someone has asked about New Year's resolutions.  As in did I make any.  And my answer is usually the same: no I didn't.

Not that I don't think I need to improve myself.  I guess It's that I don't think about doing it a certain time of year.

My belief is that we should have some project of self-improvement going all the time.  Whether it be to improve our fitness, our communication skills, writing skills, management skills and so on.

I believe that when we lose interest in improving ourselves then we're missing out on life.  Or maybe we've given up on ourselves.

Sometimes family members will ask when I'm going to retire and enjoy life. And my answer is that I enjoy my life now, why would I retire and sit around and rust?

I enjoy working as hard as I do.  And it's not about the money, because I have enough income now to live very comfortably.  It's more about a sense of accomplishment, about keeping myself physically and mentally fit and up for the challenges of daily life.

As far as I know, we only pass this way one time.  And for that reason, we should make our moments on this planet count by using our capabilities to the maximum.

It doesn't matter what you do, but do something to improve your life and challenge yourself.

As for my present project, I'm going to get back to it right now: learning to build a better website.

Click here to email John