Thursday, April 18, 2019

Gratitude

I flew in to San Antonio,Texas today with other family members to see my granddaughter graduate from basic training at Lackland Airbase.

This is a special occasion for me because this is a child who has never seen me under the influence of alcohol or drugs. And it is also important because she never went down that path of drinking or drugging as did some of her other family members and peers.

I would like to think that it was my good example that helped her to choose this positive course in Her life.  But then, that would be my ego talking.

Sometimes people can have all of the encouragement in the world. Yet they still turn out to be an addict or alcoholic. Sometimes it seems to be a roll of the dice as to who does well in life.

The one thing I do take away from this is gratitude that she’s headed in a positive direction.