Sunday, August 9, 2020

Missing Meetings

I used to go to meetings on a weekly basis.  But since this pandemic swept the country I've only gone to one.  Even though I've been sober over 29 years I still went on a regular basis.  

But this pandemic has put some fear in me.  Even though the one meeting I attended had only six people and they had over six feet between them and were wearing masks, I still was uncomfortable.

For some reason I have little faith in our government's mandates about social distancing and wearing masks.  But since that's all they have to offer to protect us I follow their mandates.  But lurking in the back of my mind is the thought that their instructions haven't slowed this thing down.

So my life today is lived in my home or my office.  I once in a while go to the market or visit a friend - but I try to contact others as little as possible.

Because I'm an octogenarian I'm in what's considered a vulnerable class and I don't want to push my luck.  We all have to make choices about how to live and mine is to survive as long as I can.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment