Thursday, August 6, 2020

Pandemic Anger

Not often do I find myself in the grips of anger.  But since this Covid pandemic has overtaken our country I sometimes go there.

It's not the kind of anger that make want to confront people and go off on them. It's more the anger brought on by disbelief.  The kind that makes me shake my head and wonder how people can be so self-centered and stupid.

For example, I know this woman who has a large family, one of them who's quarantined with the Covid.  She pays him a visit, then volunteers to babysit her grandson the next day. Because she has many health problems of own she doesn't expect to live for very long and has no concern for others or their well-being - apparently even her grandson.  She won't wear a mask because she believes that everything is God's will.

And I know others who think the pandemic is a political conspiracy and that there's nothing to it.

My bad attitude today comes from when I heard that long time acquaintance of mine was on a ventilator in a local hospital and that his prospects of coming home are not good.  Those who don't wear a mask or practice social distancing may feel different when they lose a loved one to Covid.

I think it's a simple thing to make a few minor adjustments in our lives if we can protect those around who want to live and enjoy life.

We all have the right to take our own lives because of our beliefs. But we have no right to put others in danger because of our self-centerness.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment