Wednesday, August 15, 2018

No bad Days

In a jewelry store here in Maui I asked the woman waiting on us how her day was going.  Her answer surprised me.

Because she smiled and said, "I haven't had a bad day in 39 years." And I could tell by her demeanor that she really meant it.

Now, of course, I understand that she didn't mean that bad things hadn't occurred in her life.  What she was telling me though was a very important message.  Especially for us addicts.

Her message was that we choose how we look at life each day.  We choose what kind of moments we have.

We can awake and maybe not feel the greatest, but it's easy for us to turn that around if we want. Bad days or good days are the choices we make.

If we wake up on the wrong side of the bed we can do things to change that mood.  Perhaps we meditate.  Do several minutes of yoga and stretching.  Go to the gym.  Take a swim. 

Or perhaps we reflect that we are fortunate to have the blessings we have in our lives:  a bed to sleep in, food to eat, friends and family to share our lives with.

Our day is our choice.  Let's have a good one.

Click here to email John