In over 22 years I haven’t drank or used drugs. I exercise six mornings a week. I haven’t eaten meat in 22 years and follow a mostly vegan diet. I meditate. I work nearly every day – and I go to meetings.
I agreed with him that - by his standards – my life is boring. But by my standards life is absolutely wonderful for so many reasons.
- Married to the love of my life.
- Don’t disappoint others by my behavior
- Am able to maintain health.
- Work with other recovering addicts and have for over 22 years.
- No longer spend on criminal lawyers or bondsmen.
- Never worry about police kicking in the door - which happened countless times.
- Don’t spend time counting the days and hours before I’m released from jail, prison, or the state hospital.
- Don’t wonder what I’ll steal or sell to obtain my next fix or drink.
The kind of boring life I like.