Saturday, May 12, 2018

Grateful Client

While I was trying to decide what to put in this blog today a client sent me this email of gratitude.  It's worth sharing because it might help a newcomer realize what TLC is about.

"I was a resident at TLC for 14 months. I entered just after my 21st birthday and celebrated my 22nd birthday at TLC Southern house. I left TLC a few months ago on good terms! :)

I also worked as a staff member at the corporate office.

I wanted to send you an email and thank you for TLC.  It saved my life. It really really did.

A few months ago I met with my sponsor and he asked me what I wanted to do with my life and I told him that I wanted to be a musician and truthfully, the only reason I stayed sober for as long as I did before I had my spiritual experience was because I felt that I would never be able to be capable of writing the type of music I wanted to.

As I approach 18 months sober I'm finishing up the tracks on my debut album and I've been collaborating with a lot of different artists and even recently signed on with a producer from Japan to be his main composer & since we both have a formal musical background our musical communication is easy.

I can't thank you enough for creating the environment that allowed me to get my life back.

I still visit TLC Southern regularly.  And I have my TLC certificates, my 90/90, and all my TLC shirts and still wear them.

I meet people all the time who tell me how horrible TLC was for them because of the "dumb" rules. It used to make me angry.  But now I just smile at them and say that those "stupid" rules are what stopped me from killing myself.

I've been out of the program for a few months now and I've quit smoking and started exercising more.
My go-to for stress management these days is, believe it or not, exercising!

Thank you Mr. Schwary."