Friday, August 2, 2019

A Friend Is Leaving

This email is from a client who participated in our work therapy program for over seven years and who is leaving this weekend. During her seven years with us she affected many lives and I know that a lot of women today are alive and thriving because of her generous help. 

 She volunteered for years as a manager, mentor, sponsor, behavioral health technician, and in any other capacity where she thought she could be of help.

She always wore a genuine smile on her face, and lit up whatever room she was in just by her presence.

We're going to miss her infectious laugh, the love she showed all of us and wish her Godspeed on her journey back to the East Coast to rejoin her family. Following is her email:

"I remember the day I found Transitional Living Communities online.  

I had relapsed after eight months of dry, white knuckled sobriety, gotten kicked out of yet another house and was staying with a woman who allowed me three weeks to find a place. I was really scared at this point so when I saw TLC’s website I called the number.  

Wow! I didn’t have to have any money.  Who does that?! I was told if I could get myself to Mesa, AZ. , someone would pick me up at the airport or bus depot. My life has never been the same from the day I arrived at the women’s house on Robson.  

To say I am grateful is really an understatement of how much love and joy I feel today because of the opportunities that were laid at my feet.  This idea born from a man who just wanted to help alcoholics and addicts get their lives back! God Bless John!"

We're all going to miss you...