Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Patience

I've never had a lot of patience when it comes to dealing with frustration.  And one of the things that frustrates me is when my computer starts failing and gets in the way of my work.

It seems like these kinds of challenges occur at the worst times.  Like, there are seven days in a week.  Yet my computer generally fails at closing time on Friday, meaning that I won't be able to  get any professional help until Monday morning.

One of the reasons I'm getting to this blog a day late is because although I finally got my computer rebuilt, I still had to recover the data that got scrambled when it crashed.

While this kind of thing doesn't happen regularly, it seems that I'm very unrealistic when it come to dealing with a computer when it does fail.  I know that technology like phones and computers have a two or three year life span before going into obsolescence yet I act surprised when they do begin to fail.

I have seriously considered throwing my computer down the stairs at times.  But then I'd just have to start over again and get even more frustrated.

While this not a challenge that leads me to think of getting drunk or high, it does lead me to get angry - which is probably the biggest waste of time of all. What leads me to a peaceful state is to remember the days before computers and cell phones - when it sometimes took forever to accomplish things.

Once again, acceptance steps in and when I get there I start counting the many blessings I have in life. A solution is at hand and my world levels out.  

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment