Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Only Problem

Sometimes at TLC we addicts talk of the "problems" we face or the "issues" we have in our lives.

My response is usually that we only have one problem in our lives: our disease. If we just deal with our addictions, everything else seems to work out fine.

In my own case I spent years trying to use successfully. During those years I built more than one successful business. I was in more than one bad relationship. Yet, because of my addictions I lost everything over and over.

But a strange thing happened when I discovered sobriety: I suddenly started keeping things. I got into relationships that were more than one night stands. Life started being about more than me me me,

Today I treat my sobriety like the precious jewel that it is. I realize that all the good flows from this centerpiece of my life - therefore I take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment