Saturday, March 16, 2019

No Comments?

Ten years ago when I first started this blog I had a section where people could leave comments.  The comments could be either anonymous or the writer could sign their name.

I forget exactly when I took that section out of the blog.  But I bring it up today because a friend asked me why  I didn't have a comment section for those who had something to say.

So, I explained why I took it out.  Most of the comments were from haters, people who had been discharged from our program because they didn't follow the guidelines.  So some of them would go to the comment section and spew a lot of venom and anger toward me and the TLC staff.

Usually, it was laced with profanity and filled with lies or half-truths about our program.  And I was wasting a lot of my time trying to answer them.  So I removed the section and was able to get more done.  However, I still have a way for people to vent their feelings or air their complaints. 

All they need to do is to go to my email - at the bottom of each blog - and they can say whatever they please.  And every so often someone will write and tell me what's on their minds.  Once in a while they are angry and that's okay; I believe anyone can communicate their anger in a mature way.

I know that not everyone is going to like our program or our guidelines.  They were not raised in an environment that taught them self-discipline - the kind of self-discipline they learn if they hang around TLC for a while.

But I believe if they stick with it and don't run away they'll create positive change in their lives.

And if you can't stick it out and do go back to the dope house or the bar send an email and let me know how that's working for you.  Even if you're pissed off and call me a bunch of mofos we're still willing to take you back whenever you're ready to get help.

Click here to email John