Sunday, December 13, 2020

Looking Better?

 I've seen several news reports last week that say the government will begin distributing the Covid vaccine. I'm sure that it's a massive undertaking, distributing millions of doses of a vaccine while at the same time keeping track of who got a dose and who didn't. But one thing I will say, is that once those companies were given the green light they moved full speed ahead. Which just goes to show that when everyone works together, things can happen really fast.

The last stories I've heard say that the medical people and first responders will get the first doses. Then the people who are in nursing homes, the elderly, and the more vulnerable will get the next doses. However it happens, this is a positive way to end what has been an ugly year. To me, this last 11 months it seems like the universe has gotten off balance somehow. 

Pandemics. Massive forest fires. Months long riots. Venomous political battles. But those of you who have survived know the stories. I don't have to repeat them for you. But I'm sure that you share my gratitude that some solutions are on the horizon.

The one thing I always like to do to wind up blogs like this is to remind everyone that the only thing we have, if we're lucky, is this present day. I usually say this to clients who are fretting about the future and who have developed some anxiety about what's gonna happen. None of us know what will happen in the next months. Things will probably get better – but they could get worse. We never know.

That's why it's important for us to get up in the morning, plant our feet on the floor and thank our creator for another day. And then we need to plan how we can use that day to perhaps improve the lives of others.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment