Monday, December 7, 2020

More Covid

 It seems like my whole world the last five days have been about Covid 19 or related to Covid 19.

Late last week I found out that I had been exposed to someone who is positive for the virus. So I was going to take a rapid test myself, but was unable to secure an appointment. But I knew that we had someone coming into our office today to test all 25 staff members who work in my department and decided to quarantine myself until today.

So I was there promptly at 10:30 AM and the test showed I was negative for the virus. And so were the other 25 staff members, which was a relief.

But to show how the virus has affected many segments of our society I will tell you about something I witnessed at the Circle K where I get a cup of coffee each morning on my way to work.

There were about eight people waiting to pay for purchases. One of the guys who was about 6 feet tall and weighed around 300 pounds was not wearing a mask. Behind him an older guy about half his size told him loudly that he should be wearing a mask. The bigger man turned around and told him to go "fuck himself." And that if he didn't shut up he would take him out to the parking lot and "stomp his ass."

The littler guy told the bigger man that he wasn't afraid of him and that he could do whatever he wanted.   At that point I think that the larger man realized that the smaller man was a little bit overconfident and then he noticed that he had a small baseball bat in a holster at his side. And that he was also wearing a backpack that had several small pockets which could have contained most any kind of weapons. 

In any case he paid for his purchases and left the store and nothing more came of the incident.

But that was my day and I accepted it as being a perfect day because I was still sober and hadn't let any of the stresses of life get me down.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment