Sunday, November 1, 2015

Finding Happiness

I don't have psychic powers. But I'm pretty sure I know what you want. You want the same thing I want. The same thing everyone else wants. And that is to be happy.

But what does that mean? To be happy?

I don't know because I'm not in your skin. I don't what does it for you, what brings bliss, joy, and comfort into your life.

For me, it's to have a good relationship with my wife. To connect with my children and grandchildren. To have meaningful employment and financial security. To help others escape the insanity of their addictions. To help my family and those around me live up to their full potential. To stay fit and healthy during my remaining years. To learn new skills.

But for you to find happiness you need to first discover what it is.

Maybe it's winning the lottery. Or a certain woman or man. A new car or home. We may get those fantasy things then realize they didn't do it for us.

We have to figure out what makes us jump out of bed in the morning. What makes our heart beat. Where's our mind when we're daydreaming? What are we passionate about?

When we discover our passion and pursue it then we realize there's a wonderful life beyond drugs and alcohol.

Click here to email John