Sunday, November 8, 2015

Getting in Touch

An acquaintance asked recently why I don't have a place on this blog for comments. Like many other bloggers do.

And I explained that I had one a couple of years ago. But then took it off because it didn't serve a positive purpose.

I either got comments that were flattering and nice. Or I got hateful and pointless rants. And neither served any purpose. And they took too much head space and time to deal with.

The nice comments were okay. But one thing an addict or alcoholic doesn't need is to have his ego made any larger than it already is.

And the negative ones were angry diatribes. Probably from former residents discharged from TLC for failing a UA. Or threats of violence. Or for not paying service fees.

And the angry ones didn't bother me that much. Except that they were from cowards who'll say most anything if they can do it anonymously. It's easy to talk smack about me or our program from the anonymity of a keyboard. But it takes courage to email, make a phone call, or visit my office to deliver a complaint.

So I took out the comments section. But, if anyone wants to send me a direct message they can use the email link at the bottom of this posting.

I love to hear from readers - even the ones who are unhappy with our program. Because if they're unhappy about something - and not just pissed off - what they say may improve how we deliver services.

Click here to email John