Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Stealing Wisdom

A friend of mine shared some wisdom with me the other day. And I liked his idea so much that I decided to steal it for myself. To incorporate it into my own life.

And his wisdom goes like this: He makes a list of things he must do each day.

And he organizes it like this:

First on the list is the thing that he doesn't want to do at all. It may be some hard physical work. It could be a meeting with someone he doesn't care to talk to or do business with. It may be something involving money someone owes him. Whatever it is it's big enough to make the top of the list.

Next on the list, of course, is the second thing he doesn't want to do and so forth.

Until finally he's down to the easiest things to do, which he knocks off with relative ease.

I tried this for about a week and it worked really well. I paid a bill I'd been putting off. I completed some overdue paperwork. I made amends to someone I'd been avoiding. Within two weeks I had a lot of big things off my plate. And the better part of it is that it was off my mind and I didn't have to think about it any longer.

Sometimes simple changes make a major difference in our lives. That’s what serenity is about.

Click here to email John