Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Home Again

Back at home Friday and looking forward to getting back after 10 days.

We had never been to Panama, though I always had it on my list of places to visit.  I wanted to see one of the great engineering feats in the world, the Panama canal, and was able to do that today. It is a truly amazing feat to build a 40 mile long canal. I can't even imagine the money spent and the lives lost in completing the project.  

I know that we are blessed in being able to travel a few times a year.  But I have to say that I didn't do enough research before taking this trip. For example, I didn't know that it rains here nearly each day.  And I didn't know that people in Panama drive much crazier that in other city I've been in, including Los Angeles.  

In fact it was so insane that I turned our rental car in the second day we were here.  Completely terrifying.  Also, something I didn't know is that there are no addresses or street numbers here.  And you're lucky if the GPS can find the name of the building you're looking for.  Even the cab drivers get lost.

One day I may take a cruise through the canal to get the full experience of it - but that will be a few years down the road.  I think my next trip will be back to my old familiar haunts in Puerto Vallarta.  Which I find to be one of the more relaxing cities in the world.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment