Saturday, October 30, 2021

Karma?

Each morning I stop at my local Circle K and buy a small coffee while on my way to work.  And when I pay for it, I always tell the clerk to put the change in the donation box.

A couple of them have been there for some time and so we always greet each other and wish each other a good day.  And it's the same routine each day.  I lay down my two dollars and tell them to put the change in the donation box.  

But lately our routine has been changing.  Because every once in a while when I go to pay, they wave me on, telling me it's on the house.

When it first happened a few months back I was surprised.  But l thanked the clerk and went on my way.

As time goes on it seems like it happens more often because when no one's around they wave me on and wish me a good day.

Because I'm a person who tends to overanalyze everything I started thinking about the free coffee I get every so often.  And the only conclusion I can come to is that because I donate a bit of change each time I pay they may want to do something nice in return.    

Is it Karma?  Their way of recognizing my small contributions?   Either way it feels good so I plan to continue.



No comments:

Post a Comment