Sunday, March 6, 2022

Covid conspiracy?

When Covid-9 first hit a couple of years ago I got the shots as soon as they were available.  And the nice thing is that because I'm in my 80s, I went right to the front of the line.  And when the booster became available I jumped right in line for it.

Eventually I caught the variant version, Omicron.  But the reality was that it was nothing, kind of like a medium-strength cold.

But the reason I bring this up today, is because more than one person asked me why I was getting the vaccine.  Didn't I know that it was a government plot? That the bureaucracy wanted to invade my privacy and control my life?

Of course, I didn't pay any attention to them, even though they were mostly family members.  Even though I'm a  conservative, I don't believe in a lot of the far right crap about government plots or conspiracies.  In fact, I'm not sure any segment of our government is organized enough to plan and carry out the day-to-day business of government, let alone pull off a conspiracy that involves mind-control. If you don't believe me, look at what's going on in Washington these days.

My real belief is that I'm not important enough that the Government wants anything from me - other than to be sure I pay my taxes.  I believe that there's enough in life to be concerned about without feeding into someone's paranoia about black helicopters and government schemes to turn us all into robots.

If I simply stay sober each day and help others do the same, that's enough for me to be concerned about.  My ego is not big enough for me to think that someone's conspiring to control my life.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment