Thursday, July 14, 2022

Blessings of Sobriety

When I got sober over 31 years ago I never even dreamed about being able to take my family on a summer vacation for a week in San Diego. And this year there are about 26 people here that I'm related to one way or another. Quite a crowd. 

But as time passes, and one stays sober and works a program, good things begin to happen. Your family starts talking to you again. You might open a bank account and buy a house. Maybe you go back to school and get a good career job. Once one gets sober, the possibilities in life are endless.

In my 31 years of running a recovery program, I've seen many former homeless addicts succeed beyond their wildest dreams.Nothing makes me happier than seeing a former client tell us their life has turned around and that they're happier than they've ever been. And while they give us a lot of credit, I always tell them that they're the ones that did the work and used the program the way it was designed.

And today my sobriety allows me to sit in my condo living room and watch the waves break on the shore while I eat breakfast.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment