Wednesday, April 26, 2023

23 years of Sobriety

Below is an email we received this week from a former client who was with us in 2000, well over 20 years ago.  I appreciate emails like this because it says we've been making a difference in the community for a long time.  The email reads:

"I was at the Roosevelt House in Phoenix in July of 2000. I came in with 6 months of sobriety but was headed back out before I entered and given a safe place to stay sober.

I was hired as an assistant manager and in October sent to Southern House in Mesa, where I was made an Assistant Manager.  I was inducted as a blue shirt and eventually promoted to manager, until I had a resident pass away due to an overdose. When my supervisor came in, he had no compassion.  He said I was too thin-skinned and wanted me to take a drug test which I refused.  I admit my pride may have gotten in the way, but I really had things to take care of in Indiana - where my mother was dying.

Well to get to the reason I am writing is I now have 23 years 3 months clean and even through some tragedy I have remained sober, And this is because of the tools TLC gave me to learn to face the world head on.

I want to thank TLC for everything they gave me. I like to think I’m a success story. But I didn't do it alone."

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment