Thursday, July 6, 2023

Having good People

Someone once told me that you are about as successful as the people you surround yourself with.  And I am very blessed in that respect.

Yesterday I returned from a five-day sojourn to Las Vegas over the fourth of July weekend.  And while I had no anxiety about what I would find when I got back, I was pleased that everything was on track and running smoothly.

Each of our business operations is headed by an experienced and seasoned person in recovery. Everything was in order when I came back.  Our treatment population stayed level.  All of our business operations turned in good reports.  A couple of managers made serious decisions that weren't much different than I would've made myself.

The only credit I give myself is that I'm not a micromanager.  We operate differently than many companies.  We expect everyone to work 40 hours a week.  However, if someone gets their job done in three or four hours, I tell them that they can leave the office and go about their day.  I'd much rather see people get their work done, then go do something productive like go to a meeting, go to the gym, or just read a book. I hate to see people sitting around surfing the net or making posts on Facebook or some other social media. And the interesting thing about letting people leave once they get their work done is that they are actually more productive and enthusiastic about their jobs.

I'm grateful for my people.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment