Monday, July 10, 2023

Out of Sync

Normally, I write a blog then wait two days and write another.  But because I had a medical procedure scheduled for the 10th, which was this morning at 9:45 AM, I somehow overlooked that I was supposed to write a blog Sunday night.

I was somewhat disappointed in myself.  And I think that's because I am a creature of habit, who gets a lot more done if he has a regular schedule.  So why did I forget?   Was it anxiety?  Was it the fact that I was busy getting transportation for the procedure because the doctor wouldn't let me come by myself.  I had to have a companion stay with me for 24 hours to drive me back and forth for my prescriptions and make sure I took them as prescribed.  

So who knows if If I post a blog?  And furthermore, who cares?  But the reality is that I care and look at it as a personal failing when I don't keep my appointments with myself or others.  And writing a blog is an appointment with myself, it forces me into a routine, a habit that keeps structure in my life.

I kind of look at writing a blog in the same regard as I look at exercise or any other healthy practices that I do.  Somehow having self-discipline keeps me from wandering all over the place and keeps me on track. 

So, I apologize to those who went to this page expecting opinions from the author.  Please count on me to do better.   I think I've only missed writing a blog maybe once in the last year.   and nobody seemed to notice.  Or at least no one chastised me for my oversight.  

I sincerely thank those who take the time to read the kind of stuff I write.  Sometimes something I write resonates with someone and that's what's important to me.  I don't pretend to have all the answers.   But if a blog that I write has a positive impression upon a reader and helps improves their life, then I accomplished what I set out to do.

I love you guys and I appreciate that you take the time to read what I put on these pages. Thank you from my heart,

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment