Saturday, December 15, 2012

Another Attaboy

Yesterday I received this attaboy from a former client, which I’ll share with you.

“I’ve followed your blog for two years and felt a need to thank you. After three years at TLC in Sunnyslope, I left just over a year ago. The lessons I learned during my stay have changed my whole outlook on life. I’m happy and most of all healthy. I look forward to each new day beginning with taking a moment to read your blog and connect with TLC. You often talk about “TOOLS” and I feel the insight found in your blog is one of the best tools available. So I just wanted to say Thank Your. Please keep it up. Bob O.”

Comments like this are a reason to write this blog each day. If anything said here helps others gain insight, then it’s worth the effort.

Another reason to write is that once in a while I receive comments from parents who say they decided to send a loved one to us after reading this blog. They like the idea that I tell it like it is. I don’t sugar coat what happens at TLC.

Sure, I brag about our successes. But I balance those success stories with the sad accounts of those who don’t make it. Of those who fall on their ass after one more misguided attempt to get high.

Perhaps the parents get an idea of the gravity of addiction, of the challenges we addicts face in the life and death battle we wage with our demons.

Also, for those of us in recovery, stories of those who fell might help us avoid the same path – a path they started on the moment they thought they might get high “just once.”

Thank you, Bob, for the message. Your comments help me – and others. And helping is what it’s about.

1 comment:

  1. Mr.S,John, I arrived home Fri. eve In Pueblo Co.and woke up to your blog as my first morning meditation,thx. From Mr. Nagy talking me in from detox in Pueblo, to Chewy rideing my butt
    (never unfairly) and everyone in between, thx. Thanks to John wilson for sponsoring me even though I was not a star sponsee. To Skip Pam Frank Danny and Carrey who made me feel like a legitimate person worth haveing around. I couldnt have done 90 days without u guys and I finally see I cant do it alone. I could go on thanking ppl in tlc all morn I think but u get the idea . when I got squirly ideas it was rolling someone up that was a reality check and the reality of " it is never just once" why did it take 48 yrs for that to sink in?
    Sincerly,John Johnsen

    ReplyDelete