Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Self-Promoting? Yes

A friend asked the other day why I allow readers to comment on this blog. And he asked me that because some comments are abusive - or mostly drivel.

I told him that once in a while I might get a different perspective on what we do at TLC, or how the program is perceived if I allow comments.

For example, a few days ago I received a posting to the effect that I was “self-promoting” about TLC, that I seemed to think TLC is a “Godsend.” And, though the writer was attempting a feeble attack on me or the program, what he/she anonymously said is true.

I’m proud to promote TLC because I believe we help some – not all – change their lives for the better. There are many sober alcoholics and addicts who’ll attest to how we've helped them.

And, the other part is that I realize that some who follow this blog are angry former clients. And they’re usually pissed because they were discharged because of their behavior – either using drugs or failing to pay the $110 a week it costs to live at TLC. However, a not-so-obvious upside is that at least they’re still thinking about recovery – even if it's posting an angry response to a blog.

And perhaps they’ll realize they could have done something different and make an effort to come back for another run at recovery.

1 comment: