Saturday, September 13, 2014

Gratitude Reminder

Today, while walking into my office, I encountered a man I've known for some time. We chatted briefly, then he pulled out his smart phone to show me some family pictures. Most of them were of his son and grandson, a handsome toddler.

As we chatted, it came out that the child possibly has cancer – a diagnosis that doctors may confirm in the next week.

As our conversation continued we reflected upon the inequities of life. Here we are, two addicts who abused ourselves for years. But we enjoy relatively good health. Yet this innocent child likely faces the challenges of a serious disease.

Encounters like this always refresh my gratitude. They remind me that no matter how challenging our day - we can find reminders that we have much for which to be grateful.

Click here to email John