Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tolerance

Someone asked what I thought about Bruce Jenner's pending sex change.

I said I hadn't thought about it. Because I don't worry about what others do. As long as they don't harm anyone, who cares?

Plus, I pay little attention to celebrities. I have my own life to celebrate.

What people do with their lives is their business. I don't care whether it's about sex, politics, marriage, work. Whatever. It doesn't matter.

The media acts like Jenner and topics like same-sex unions have meaning. But I don't get why any of that should be my business.

The reality is that no one else's marriage or sexual behavior has changed my life one iota.

In spite of these changes in society's values I'm still able to do my job, support my family, vote, and live as I choose.

In the 12-step literature, page 84, there's a phrase that may apply. It says "Love and tolerance of others is our code."

Click here to email John