Friday, April 29, 2016

Why Mindfulness?

Over the past few years I've been studying mindfulness.

And I often get asked about it, considering how often I bring it up. Here are two that come up:

How did I get started?

For example, why did I start doing it?

Because I did Transcendental Meditation for over 15 years when I discovered there are other disciplines that claim similar benefits and are as simple to practice. I found that mindfulness offered many of the same benefits at much less cost. I gave it at try and have been there since.

Do I have to change my religion?

No. Mindfulness practitioners are encouraged to follow their own beliefs. This is just one example. I became interested because I'd been meditating for a long time. Along the way I discovered there are several other disciplines that claim similar benefits and are as a simple to practice. I looked into a few found that mindfulness offered many of the same benefits at much less cost. I gave it a try and have been at it ever since.

Click here to email John