Friday, March 3, 2017

Upside Down Life

I'm no longer publishing daily blogs.

But I plan to get with you guys a couple times a week - at least. I know it's self-centered, but I miss daily blogging.  However, doing it every day since June of 2010 was making it like a job.

But that isn't why I didn't post all this week.  Instead, it was because of a near tragedy involving two family members. A couple of us might have died -or been severely injured - when someone close to me became enraged over old resentments and attacked one of my adult children with a 10 inch butcher knife.

Fortunately I was able to restrain her with only minor injury to myself and my daughter was able to summon 911 and escape.

This illustrates to me - more than anything - the unpredictability of life.  In 26 years in recovery I never was in such fear or terror.

I just want to say to you all - love one another.  Be transparent.  Deal with your issues and angers.

Even though I never want to see this person again - I'm working my way toward healing my trauma by trying to forgive.  And it's tough right now.

However, I dread violence and threats to my family. That precludes me from having anything to do with this person again.  I like living in safety and security.

In closing, I want to thank all the loving brothers and sisters at TLC who came to my aid.  They brought food.  They smothered me with love. They called me. They descended on my house like army ants and changed the locks and secured the perimeter.  They packed her things and moved them to storage within hours. It was awesome. They made me realize how many friends I have surrounding me.

I'm eternally grateful for - and to - them.  I thank them for their love and send them my blessings.

Click here to email John