Monday, April 30, 2018

Back to the World

Following is an email from a recent graduate that I thought was worth sharing:

"I just wanted to appreciate your program once again. I completed the program several weeks ago.

Those still at TLC complain. But when you leave that safety net things on the outside are really a lot tougher than we thought. 

Certainly, the tools which were afforded us in the form of knowledge help. But it's all- out warfare once you leave. There is NOBODY but yourself to blame or rely upon. You are your own checks and balances.

So to those grumbling about the rules, I say: enjoy it, work the program and learn with an open heart and a willing mind. Because those two things are going to soon be your best defense against an all-out war when you return to the world you left behind. 

Even family and super close friends are pushing sobriety to the limit. Luckily I have a great friend that I met while in your program and luckily we keep each other grounded. But believe me when I say the war is very real. 

Thank you for preparing me to at least stand strong in my sobriety. I will be eternally grateful."

(Name omitted to protect anonymity.}

Click here to email John