Friday, September 14, 2018

More Long Term Sobriety

As I said earlier this week, TLC doesn't have the time or resources to keep track of how many of our graduates stay sober long term.

Then I mentioned in a blog a few days ago a man who was here 25 years ago and who's still sober today. He was in town on business and stopped to say hello.

Then yesterday I hear from a former female resident about a client was here in the early nineties when we first started the program. She wrote:

"John,

I met a man in an online recovery group.

 He made me an admin because he trusted me. As time went in we became internet friends and exchanged phone numbers. We talked for hours on the phone. 

He had over 25 years of sobriety and when I told him I had been at TLC in Mesa, Arizona, he told me he had also been through your program at the very beginning. Another success story. 

He passed away last year and my heart was sad - but so happy he had years of living the good life. Thanks mostly to your program and a willingness to become more. He taught me a great deal and I'll forever be grateful for that and for you. 

God bless. Keep up the amazing work you do.  

Thanks,  JM"

These are the kind of letters that gladden my heart. The idea that we can help even a few people stay sober makes all of this worthwhile.

Click here to email John