Thursday, January 13, 2022

Kindness

I read something on the internet the other day that I really believe we should all try and live by.

It was a quote from the oldest World War II veteran who died January 3, at 112.  He was believed to be the oldest living veteran of that war.

He was asked by a reporter on his birthday why did he think he'd lived to be the oldest veteran from World War II?

He replied that he believed one key to his longevity was that he tried to always be "nice to people."  Even though he was black, and the service was segregated while he was enlisted, he said he just ignored the bias and prejudice that confronted minorities during his service.  Nothing stopped him from being nice to others.

And I think there's a lot to what he says. I know that I never get into trouble with anyone if I'm nice to them and kind to them.  My stress level stays down and I'm normally at peace.

I'm a strong believer in the law of Karma; that what we put out into the world is what we get back in one way or the other.

Live in kindness because it works.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment