Tuesday, February 22, 2022

3000 Blogs

I happened to look at my blog counter today and realized that with my last blog I've completed 3000 postings.

It was while on vacation - in Mission Bay, San Diego in the summer of 2010 - that I posted the first blog.  And for many years I posted one each day.  

At first, I started doing a daily blog because I thought it would give our website a more personal touch.  And it has had that effect.

There were a few other reasons why I started.   One was to help acquaint readers with our website and program.  People would hopefully read the blog and get a better understanding of what we do here at TLC; and how, and why we do it.  And another reason was to force myself to post on a regular basis.  

For many years, both in and out of prison, I worked as a journalist and I wanted a commitment that would keep me writing on a regular basis.  I looked at it as another way to have to exercise my brain.  And, it has worked.  While I posted every day for the first five years, I eventually switched to posting every third day.  I think that it was getting more and more difficult to come up with a new topic each day.

While I do my best to keep to the topic of recovery, I sometimes wander off into other areas that I think might be of interest to our readers.

How long will I continue to do this?  I'm not sure.  I know that someday I'll likely take a long vacation in Mexico - or somewhere in that direction - and maybe take a week or even a month off.  Really, I don't want to look that far ahead because my rule today is to live in this moment.

Click here to email John

No comments:

Post a Comment