Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lucky Enough...

“If You’re Lucky Enough to Live at the Beach, then you’re lucky Enough.” – Sign on the wall of our vacation condo.

Vacationing at the beach is relaxing, a fulfilling break from the mid-summer heat of Arizona. But for me it’s more than a break.

At the seaside there’s such a connection to God’s power. To the rhythm of the universe when one is within hearing distance of the waves breaking on the shore. When one is witnessing the myriad forms of animal life that depend upon the sea for the their existence.

One looks beyond the surf and sees the lights of vessels going to who knows where? Maybe to a port a mile away? Maybe to the other side of the world beyond the horizon?  One is reminded of the immense world in which we live.

Here I’m aware of my powerlessness, of the insignificant speck I am in the flow of life. And I become even more grateful for my blessings.