Friday, March 8, 2013

Attaboy

Someone suggested I was "taking a day off" when I published letters from readers.  And they're sort of right.  On the other hand it's important that family members who are looking us over see what clients have to say.  Anyway, here's another attaboy.

Dear Mr. Schwary and TLC,

I recently celebrated 6 months of sobriety at TLC.

Coincidentally it was my 48th birthday as well. Needless to say it was the best birthday I've had in 4 years and I remember all of it as well. Last year I was medically detoxing for more than a week in a Salt Lake City hospital all the time actively seizing from alcohol withdrawal. The year before that I was locked up in the Salt Lake County jail on my birthday. The previous year I had just become homeless.

TLC has given me my life back and shown me how to live sober. I've had periods of sobriety in the past but most of that was forced, as in being locked up. My life of addiction has spanned 35 years. I should have died several times during that time. God brought me to TLC last March and I had a rocky start but they gave me back my self esteem, hope and a future. I work for them in the Corporate Office and have gained valuable computer skills after being unemployed since 2008.

I can't so much.begin to thank everyone that has touched my life and shown me how to live life sober and enjoy it.

Thanks, Anonymous

Congratulations to "Anonymous" on six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment