Thursday, June 25, 2015

1800 Days...

For 1800 days in a row I've been posting this blog.

No misses. No matter what. If I'm out of the country I post. Sick, I still post. Uninspired, no problem. Tired, lazy, whatever, I get it done,

Obsessive? Maybe. I'm not sure, but when I started nearly five years ago I had a purpose. I wanted to publish a daily recovery blog for a year. And I knew the project would force me to be creative each day. And maybe help improve my writing.

Then it turned into two years, then 1000 days.

Each time I had a hundred more postings I'd think about it though. Should I stop? Maybe do something else with the 30 minutes to an hour a day that I spend on this?

What keeps me going, though, is the emails I get from those who have an addict or alcoholic in their lives. They'll say something about how the blog helped them deal with an issue. And for me that's enough.

So 400,000 words and some five years later I plan to keep posting. Thanks for reading.