Monday, June 8, 2015

Priorities

An addict fills out our online contact form wanting to get in the halfway house program.

And like most applicants his focus is on finding a job. Making money. Getting into the work force.

And while work and money are something most all of us need it shouldn't be an addict's first concern.

The priority for us addicts must be recovery. We have to learn to live sober before anything else

We've had smart people like lawyers, teachers, and other professionals at TLC over the years. Most of them didn't make it either because their focus was on returning to work rather than recovery.

My experience is that the priority of recovery makes life work well.

Once I put my focus on staying clean and sober the rest of my life fell in place. I've had the same job for 24 years. I'm living the promises. I have a wonderful wife and a circle of friends. My extended family is back. I want for nothing.

And it all started with the single goal of staying clean and sober.

Click here to email John