Thursday, June 4, 2015

Letting Go

"Some people think it’s holding on that makes one strong—sometimes it’s letting go."  Unknown

One of the most freeing things in life is to let go.

When I admitted I was an alcoholic and an addict it felt like a ton of weight lifted from my body. I let go of the idea that I could successfully use any kind of substance. Not matter how good my intentions I always got in trouble. Letting go changed my life.

Letting is go is another way of saying we surrender. And the idea of letting go has use in any area of our lives.

Our job sucks?  Let it go.  Find another one.  Life is to short to hold on to something we hate just to make money.

If we're in a toxic relationship we find immediate freedom if we let go. Of course it may be painful. It may dig into our gut and we may want to change our mind. But freedom is there if we let go, surrender.

I apply the idea of letting go often. For example, at one time it was important for me to be right. Or to have the last word. But once I let go of that habit life began to flow.

Letting go is the opposite of being in control. And once we let go we see the illusion of thinking we control anything or anyone.