Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Lesson

This past weekend in Las Vegas I was talking to a cabdriver from Ethiopia. And I got a lesson in gratitude.

He said that in Ethiopia some of his family members were among those executed by Isis recently. It was because they were Christians.

He said he's happy to be in the United States because his home country has always been a place of political turmoil.

Also, economic conditions here are far superior to his homeland.

Talking to this cabdriver - who had such an immense amount of gratitude - moved me. He sees his life as wonderful because he lives in a land of security and opportunity.

How often do I take for granted living where I have peace? Where I can believe as I choose? Where opportunities abound?

Usually I don't take these things for granted.

But my encounter with this Ethiopian cab driver reminded me of the richness of our lives.

Viewing our blessings through the eyes of others can help us appreciate what we have even more.

Click here to email John