Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sober Attitude

Some of our managers do kind and loving things that go almost unnoticed.

For example, a while back one of our managers came in and quietly paid rent for a client who is serious about recovery, but was having difficulty finding employment. And while she didn't want anyone to know what she'd done, it came out anyway. When asked, she explained that it was a small thing. Because she had done much wrong while in her disease, this was a way to give back to the world.

And, in my mind the most important thing about this woman's actions and explanation is that this attitude keeps us sober.

If I travel – like this woman does – with a spirit of gratitude for my sobriety and a willingness to make amends to the world then I have a guarantee that I'll never pick up another drink or drug.