Saturday, June 22, 2013

Testing, Testing...

Yesterday I went to my doctor for my annual physical and he sent me to the hospital for further examination and tests. 

And while I didn't want to go, because I believe that I'm very healthy, I followed his directions. After all, I pay him an annual fee to take care of my physical well-being. And if I don't listen to him I have no one to blame but myself if something goes wrong.

So I'm writing this from my hospital room, expecting to be released later this morning.

The real reason I write of this is to tell of the outpouring of concern and love from everyone. First, my lovely wife was upset because I was in the hospital. Then family, friends, and business associates were sending texts and making phone calls. Finally my wife intervened and asked a family member to screen information so I could be relaxed while here.

One of the blessings of the past 20 years of recovery is that I've been able to surround myself with a large network of people who love me. God has blessed me with a loving wife and family. Many friends and business associates. I can't ask for anything more.

In 22+ years of recovery all of the promises have come true for me.