Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dream Big

Big dreams take no more effort than little dreams.

Don’t limit yourself with fear or self-doubt. Your imagination is a cosmic playground of possibilities.

Now that you are no longer shackled by drugs or alcohol manifest your dreams.

I share this with you because my dreams began coming true after I entered recovery in 1991. At first I was simply happy to be alive. The misery and suffering was behind me.

But while I was happy, I also knew I could do more. I needed a mission.

And I found it in helping others in recovery.

The first vision I put out to the universe was to someday operate a 50 bed halfway house. My plan was to work a job and operate the halfway house as an avocation.

But God had other plans. Because within 15 months we had over 100 residents and more on the way. The program kept growing from there. Until today we have 700 beds, several small businesses, plus a licensed treatment program.

But how did this happen? When I came to recovery I was broke. No credit. No financial angels. In fact very few people wanted to hear from me.

It happened because I had a clear picture of what I wanted. And somehow, in spite of being broke and unworthy of credit, people started selling me property.

Opportunities came from every direction. The right people showed up, addicts who wanted to be part of something. Addicts who wanted to help others.

We started with a beat-up property, three old houses.  But we were grateful to have it. It served the purpose of sheltering those who needed help.

Looking forward, we never knew where we going to get money or help. Yet it showed up, sometimes in mysterious ways.

The point of this blog is that if you have a dream have the faith to go for it.

If it's a good enough dream the Universe will provide the means. You only need a vision of what you want.

Then start doing the footwork; the rest will show up.

Click here to email John