Sunday, October 12, 2014

Gratitude Reflection

A tropical monsoon wakes me early in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, one of my favorite places.

A pleasant way to awaken. Because I've lived in Arizona for 30 years, this deluge is a treat. So I savor the downpour as I go through my morning meditation and yoga.

I easily drift to gratitude at times like this. Once more knowing I wouldn't have the blessed life I enjoy had God not broken up my love affair with heroin and alcohol.

I wouldn't have met or married my lovely and passionate wife.

I wouldn't be working with the challenging addicts God puts in my path.

Sometimes they're a frustrating group. Yet I'm grateful because they've taught me to be calm and patient.

Every once in a while one celebrates a recovery anniversary.

And at those times I thank God for allowing me to be part of the process.