Friday, October 10, 2014

Slowing Down...

I once read that Buddhists never hurry.

And that's because they're at peace with where they are at the moment. Now I'm not that familiar with their philosophy. Or if all varieties of Buddhists are in unison about such things. But I love the concept.

After all how many times do I rush through my day hurrying from one project to another? Never stopping to pay attention to life around me. Not stopping to enjoy the swollen display of monsoon clouds on the horizon? Cutting those around me short because I have to get something done? Not taking time to wrestle with my dogs because I have "business" to take care of?

The essence of life is hiding in the small precious moments we sometimes let pass unseen because we live in a world of productivity and we're pressed to get things done.

Of course It's not realistic to live as monks in the world of business. But maybe we could shoplift snippets of their philosophy to enrich moments of our lives.

I know my life's better when I take things slower.