Saturday, October 4, 2014

More Gratitude...

Gratitude is my theme - in my life and in this blog.

And Thursday, while driving home from Banner Thunderbird hospital, I was full of gratitude.

I'd gone to see my pregnant daughter - who's about 25 weeks along.

Her doctor had her flown from Prescott last week to prevent a premature birth.

And she may stay in the hospital for two months - or until the baby is better developed.

But I'm grateful that - even though she's had complications - she's receiving excellent care.

For a time I worried because she's a disabled veteran who received care at the Phoenix VA hospital, a place that's received negative publicity lately.

So gratitude comes from knowing she and the baby are healthy.

It also comes from the fact that this addict has been on the planet long enough see his youngest daughter give birth.