Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Personal Inventory

"Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."

Doing a 10th step as we go through our day keeps us out of trouble. Plus, it makes us aware of how we're behaving.

So how do we do this?

For example, if we're short with a coworker, we immediately apologize. That way we defuse a potential conflict.

Even if we're not sure we were wrong in the situation, it's easier to make a quick apology and move on. That way we keep the stress down.

The other part of taking a personal inventory is that we keep focus upon ourselves. Too often, those of us in recovery look outside for answers to our problems. And my experience has been that I am the author of my own misery. Nearly always.

When I travel through life with the idea that I'm responsible for my own behavior that behavior seems to get better over time.