Friday, January 2, 2015

Positive Encounter

Today, while my wife and I are at a drive through for coffee, there's a familiar face at the window.

While I'm not sure where I know her from, it turns out she's a former TLC client who's been sober six years.

In the few minutes at the window we learned which house she was at, who her house manager was, and how her life is today. It was a refreshing encounter.

While I never doubt the value of what we do at TLC, there's nothing like tangible evidence to re-affirm that what we do has an impact.

It's not unusual to be around town on business and to encounter TLC graduates whose lives are going well.

And the interesting part is that they don't have to say how they're doing. It shows in their eyes. In their demeanor.

Sometimes they'll be on the job. Or driving a nice vehicle. Perhaps with their family.

I always leave these encounters with a sense of gratitude. And I thank God for giving me the opportunity to help others change their lives.

Click here to email John