Friday, September 18, 2015

Another Attaboy

I get a letter yesterday from a mother who talks about the changes in her daughter's life. She asks that I protect her anonymity. And so I only use a few excerpts. But maybe this will help another family that's struggling with addiction.

"I wrote a while ago appreciating all that I felt TLC was doing for my daughter...

All the structure, caring, and direction has made an amazing difference...

John, this is a changed child. In fact, what I see is a young adult...

This is the gift of TLC. She left here a baby and came back a mature adult...

I just wanted you to know that so far she's clean and sober...

She is keeping accountable and I'm so far very happy for her.

It's truly a pleasure to be with her...

Life is so much better and TLC is at the heart of that change. I cannot thank you enough. I know it's still one day at a time and I am grateful just for this day and for loving this woman who is emerging from the dark. May she stay on this path to health and happiness...

GREAT GRATITUDE to you and all the wonderful staff at TLC and the sponsors and those giving back.

GREAT GRATITUDE for the abounding love. GREAT GRATITUDE for the gifts you give of structure, belonging, love, acceptance, and most of all for the education.

It works - warts and all and especially the warts as it helps one deepen one's coping skills and at the same time helping to put things in proper perspective.

Warm regards, a grateful Mother..."

Half of this letter I couldn't use out of respect for the mother's wishes. But the parts I was able to share here will give you an idea of her deep feelings.

And while I often share our rough experiences with you, it's much more fun to share stories like this.

Because our mission is to help recovering addicts rebuild their lives.

Click here to email John