Friday, August 20, 2021

Conspiracy Theories

Someone asked me this week if I'd gotten my Covid vaccination.  And I told them, that of course - I'd gotten both shots when they first came out.

And I could tell by the look on his face that he was going to ask me if I wasn't afraid of a bad reaction.  And sure enough he started telling me he'd seen on a newscast recently that some older person had taken the shot and succumbed to the side effects.

I'd seen that same news about someone having a bad reaction and dying from the shot. And I told him that I had no medical background but that if someone offers me a potential protection agains a virus I'm going to gratefully accept it.  Because I'd met a lot more people who'd taken the shot and had avoided Covid than I did people who had a bad reaction from it.

Besides, I think that most conspiracy theories are crazy, or the product of fearful minds.  Also, It's hard for me to imagine that someone is sitting in a government office somewhere spending their days thinking of how to spread a deadly virus.

Now, it's true that medicine doesn't always work and that people do have bad reactions to injections.  But does that mean we shouldn't take a chance on a cure rather than live in fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment