Monday, August 23, 2021

Let's Pray

I was awakened first thing this morning by a phone call from my youngest daughter.  I was surprised to hear from her so early because she usually talks to me about anything important when she gets to my office - where she and I work together.  So I knew the call was something important.

It turns out that at 3:00 am on Sunday morning she and her brother left for a hike into the Grand Canyon, about a 10 mile trek from the trailhead to the bottom of the trail.  Once they were about 8 miles down the trail the brother began having cramps and couldn't continue.  He told my daughter he wanted to wait there and for her to go back to the top and get help.

By this time it was around 10:00 pm last night and it was completely dark.  Neither of them had brought enough water or food.  Nor did they have camping gear with them.

So far two helicopters and a search and rescue team have been unable to locate him.  

I'm so grateful my daughter made it out okay.  Now everyone is praying that her brother is found whole and healthy by the search team.  I am confident they will find him, but I know it will devastate the family if they don't locate him.

Click here to email John

 

1 comment: